Take a load off this weekend with these top five stories from CLOmedia.com for the week of May 11.
1. Here Comes Gen Z | Video: Who is Generation Z and what will they need to work effectively? We share insights on the characteristics of the newest generation and its members' potential behavior as a workforce.
2. Count on Compentencies: Connect learning to business using competency-based assessments that link talent acquisition and performance with development.
3. Stagnant Outlook for Learning Measurement: Despite technological assistance and a variety of approahces with with to measure data, chief learning officers are still struggling to quantify training impact.
4. Turn Project Managers Into Change Managers: A study found companies can lose millions of dollars because of poor change management. But learning leaders can fix this by equipping project managers and leaders with the right mindset.
5. Gen Y's Packing Up: Millennials feel that what they value in an organization is different then the priorities of their current workplace, causing many to actively look for a new job this year, writes editor Ladan Nikravan.
On another note …
Facebook is pushing its vendors to improve their pay and benefits for workers, reports The Wall Street Journal. Read here.
Also, need a break from home but want to keep working? Take a "jobbattical," writes Fast Company. Read here.
Finally, the rise of the trader-bots, from The New Yorker. Read here.Filed under: Learning Delivery