Here were this week’s top five stories on CLOmedia.com.
- To Be a Leader, Be a Learner: Learning may not always come from those above you on the career ladder. Peers and even direct reports may have valuable lessons to share — if you’re open to them.
- Chatbots for Learning: Move over Siri. It’s in the early stages, but people’s love for apps has created a new type of learning vehicle — the chatbot.
- Sink or Swim: Setting First-time Leaders Up for Success: Too often new leaders are figuratively thrown into the deep end to sink or swim — either to figure out their way or to fail miserably, never again trying their hand at a leadership role.
- Curriculum Redesign May Be Just What Higher Education Needs: When it comes to education curriculum design, “out with the old and in with the new” won’t work, but a focused adaptation to integrate new competencies and learning models may better prepare students for the workforce.
- The Cultural Revolution: There’s a movement afoot for CLOs to step away from tactics and focus on culture.