Here were the top five stories on CLOmedia.com for the week of September 5.
- 3 Unconscious Habits Eroding Employee Engagement: Beware contradicting expectations, opposing leadership styles and disconnected values. They are the death knell to employee engagement in the workplace.
- Employees Really Do Leave Managers. Use L&D to Change That: With some strategic learning and development help, managers can increase employee engagement, collaboration – and reduce their own work loads.
- How to Develop a Lean Managerial Mindset: Leaders can add value for customers and improve employee engagement by declogging congested workflows and reducing business waste.
- From Three Days in a Class to 30 Seconds on a Smartphone: Change is happening whether you’re ready for it or not. So, prepare to reimagine corporate learning for the digital business.
- 3 Big Myths About Workplace Learning: Most of the diehard learning myths that linger in today’s companies just aren’t true. For instance, employees do have time for learning — if it helps them do their jobs better or advances their careers.