These were the top five stories on CLOmedia.com for the week of May 9.
- The Consumerization of Learning: Learning and development tools are shifting out of CLOs’ hands and into employees’ hands. Strategy and technology use must follow the trend.
- The Value of Changing Jobs: Short job rotations can help develop leaders with a broader understanding of the business.
- Don’t Let Learners Prescribe Their Learning: It’s the learning leaders’ job to choose the correct learning strategy, not the audience.
- The Importance of Meaning in the Workplace: To keep up with the changes in the modern workplace, today’s leaders have to provide employees with meaning, freedom and the ability to self-manage.
- What CLOs Don’t Know About Learners Hurts Learning: Making the wrong assumptions about how much employees can change is having a dampening effect on engagement.