Chicago, May 17 — Chief Learning Officer magazine (CLO) announced today that it is forming an advisory board of workforce development leaders to help guide the development and execution of its newly announced LearningElite industry benchmarking program. The CLO LearningElite, which recognizes and ranks the best companies in learning and development, is a unique, peer-based program designed and judged by learning practitioners employing a reality-based, empirical assessment process.
“Our aim is to develop a benchmarking program that will provide unprecedented relevance, rigor and value to learning and development organizations throughout the world,” said Dr. Stacey Boyle, vice president of research and advisory services for MediaTec Publishing. “The LearningElite Advisory Board will be of enormous assistance as we develop evaluation criteria for the program. They will ensure that our rankings reflect the critical business imperatives driving the effectiveness of learning and development initiatives.”
LearningElite Advisory Board members include:
- Tom Clancy, Vice President, Global Education and Productivity, EMC Corp.
- Cedric Coco, Vice President, Learning and Organizational Effectiveness, Lowe’s Companies Inc.
- Tamar Elkeles, Vice President, Learning and Development, Qualcomm
- David Lamb, Vice President, Learning and Media Services, Rollins Orkin
- Justin Lombardo, Chief Learning Officer, Children’s Medical Center of Dallas
- Bridget Olesiewicz, Principal, Human Resources, and Chief Learning Officer, Vanguard
- Rebecca Ray, CLO in Residence, Corporate University Exchange
- Allison Rossett, Professor, Educational Technology, San Diego State University
- Anne Schwartz, Vice President, Global Learning and Development, UPS
- Christy Sinnott, Vice President, Learning and Development, Hyatt Hotels & Resorts
- Martha Soehren, Senior Vice President and Chief Learning Officer, Comcast
- Lou Tedrick, Senior Vice President, Workforce Development, Verizon Wireless
- Diana Thomas, Vice President, U.S. Training, McDonald’s Corp.
- Annette Thompson, Senior Vice President and Chief Learning Officer, Farmers Insurance
- Kevin Wilde, Chief Learning Officer, General Mills
“The LearningElite will afford companies a unique opportunity to evaluate both the scope and the value of the learning and development services they provide,” said Norm Kamikow, president of MediaTec Publishing and editor in chief of Chief Learning Officer magazine. “The program will enable learning organizations to objectively measure their effectiveness against those that consistently demonstrate positive business results. The integral involvement of the LearningElite Advisory Board will further guarantee the integrity and transparency of our evaluation process.”
Companies named to the LearningElite will be announced officially at the Spring 2011 Chief Learning Officer Symposium, to be held March 28-30, 2011, at The Ritz-Carlton, Amelia Island in Amelia Island, Fla., and will be highlighted in a spring 2011 issue of Chief Learning Officer magazine. Additional information will be posted soon on the magazine’s website, CLOmedia.com.
Filed under: Leadership Development, Learning Delivery, Performance Management