Company: Holland & Knight LLP, Tampa, Fla.
Job Objective: Plans, develops, implements and administers professional development and mentoring programs. Strive to maintain a dynamic learning and development culture. Position reports to Managing Partner and Firmwide Professional Development Partner and works in coordination with Section Leaders.
- Development of an in-house professional training program for lawyers and paralegals, which meet or exceed state bar CLE requirements in consultation with Section Training Partners.
- Management and oversight of H&K Institute operations and budgeting, as well as external CLE attendance and state bar CLE reporting requirements.
- Further development and management of a firmwide mentoring program for associates, senior counsel and paralegals, and a firmwide client that encourages, supports and promotes mentoring and training.
- Coordination of training and mentoring programs with knowledge management databases.
- Development of work allocation programs, together with supporting technology, to assist Sections and Practice Groups with practical training and skills development of attorneys and paralegals.
- Management of attorney evaluation programs and processes.
- Annual budgets for all of the above, and related budgetary management and reporting.
- Experience with increasing retention rate of attorneys.
- Expertise in promoting adherence to firm’s core values, including diversity, collegiality, commitment, character and competence.
- Capable of encouraging excellence in all aspects of legal professionalism, including writing, negotiating, advocacy, advising and effective client representation.
- Ability to accurately and efficiently measure professional and workplace performance against firmwide standards and regularly report results to management at specified intervals.
- Ability to keep abreast of “best practices” in all areas of responsibility and abet and advise management as to their implementation within the Holland & Knight culture.
- Ability to develop incentives to promote achievement of lawyer performance expectations re: training and mentoring, as well as definitions of lawyer responsibility for same and the consequences of achievement or failure.
- Adept at developing teamwork and leadership skills among attorneys, in support of firm’s practice management initiative.
Minimum Education: Master’s degree or Ph.D. in Industrial/Organizational Psychology, MBA or JD degree.
Experience/Additional Education: Demonstrated experience (10-plus years) in organization/development effectiveness positions in professional services or corporate environments. Extensive experience in training and development functions across large organizations.
Send resume and salary history to Andy Petterson, Director of Human Resources, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
CLO Executive Search lists positions of interest to learning executives. For more information on listing positions available at your company, e-mail our editors.