These were the top five stories on CLOmedia.com for the week of Aug. 8.
- 3 Big Myths About Workplace Learning: Most of the diehard learning myths that linger in today’s companies just aren’t true. For instance, employees do have time for learning — if it helps them do their jobs better or advances their careers.
- Coaching vs. Consulting: Find the Perfect Balance to Get Buy-in and Results: Coaching and consulting skills share similarities, but each has its rightful place in the learning strategy development process.
- Ask Me Anything: The Power of Questions in Learning: Getting information quickly is the learning method of choice these days. But favoring quick hits over asking questions and putting some effort into figuring out the answers is detrimental for the employee and the company.
- There’s No I in Team — Innovation, That Is: To unlock innovation, examine the culture and leadership in cross-functional teams.
- Silence is Good for Your Brain: Research about noise has revealed some promising — and positive qualities — about what silence can do for the brain.
Filed under: Learning DeliveryTagged with: recap