These were the top five stories on CLOmedia.com for the week of Aug. 1.
- Hey Managers: It’s OK Not To Be Liked: Managers have one of the most difficult yet important roles in company life: deliver the company strategy through their people.
- Why Learning Leaders Are Perfect For HR Roles: CLOs were once a kind of C-suite specialist, but the increasingly complex role means learning leaders like Quixey’s Tamar Elkeles are often great fits for HR and talent management executive positions.
- Help Veterans Translate Military Competencies into Private Sector Skills: Learning leaders are in the perfect position to help translate the skills and expertise veterans already possess from their military service into the skills and leadership traits that employers want.
- 3 Big Myths About Workplace Learning: Most of the diehard learning myths that linger in today’s companies just aren’t true. For instance, employees do have time for learning — if it helps them do their jobs better or advances their careers.
- Silence is Good for Your Brain: Research about noise has revealed some promising — and positive qualities — about what silence can do for the brain.