Here were the top five stories on CLOmedia.com for the week of July 18.
- Two Key Players Create Value from Competency-Based Learning: A top-down approach to competency-based learning can help close skills gaps, but only if two parties — academia and employers — agree on what problems they’re solving and how they’re going to solve them.
- Public Speaking? Yes, You Can: Anyone can learn to become a good speaker. To do so, change your belief system, body language and routine.
- Use Simulations to Develop Millennial Leaders: Simulations offer a competitive, technology-based development option learning leaders can use to promote risk-free knowledge transfer between baby boomers and millennials.
- Decisions, Decisions: To Buy, Build or Partner for Learning: How do you make the decision to buy, build or partner with vendors to fulfill learning needs?
- Managers, Show New Employees You Can Be Fair: Managers can lay a strong foundation for their evolving relationships with employees by focusing on building trust through fairness.