Before you head out for this weekend's apple picking, read these top five stories from CLOmedia.com for the week of Oct. 5.
1. Say Goodbye to Competency Frameworks: The era of the yearly performance review is over. Competency frameworks are next for review.
2. Is Your Learning Introvert Friendly?: Make sure development suits introverted employees — they have more influence than their quiet dispositions might suggest.
3. Experience is the New Competitive Salary: Gen Y job hops for experience, not money, which means learning leaders have the power to keep them happy and employed.
4. What Arby's Can Teach Us About Culture: Profitability may be the result of an unusual development stance.
5. The Cost of Purpose: Committing to a common goal isn't without its sacrifices, but the results are well worth the work a CLO will have to do to make sure everyone is on board.
On Another Note …
Why younger people are better managers than their older counterparts, via Business Insider.
Also, six signs you're not cut out for entrepreneurship, from Entrepreneur.
Finally, how to have a more productive lunch hour, from Fast Company.Filed under: Learning Delivery