Pittsburgh — March 23
Echo Insight, a new division of longtime translation firm Echo International, has launched an interactive online course that prepares users to do business in China.
Called “Intercultural Awareness: China,” the course contains information that users can immediately apply in business situations, including how to:
• Mitigate risks of potential reputation and financial losses due to miscommunication.
• Negotiate more effectively through intermediaries and interpreters.
• Successfully position a company in China’s high-growth marketplace.
• Interact confidently with Chinese counterparts.
• Work more effectively with Chinese team members.
According to David Iwinski, managing director of Jin Fu Consulting and an expert on China and American business, in the next three years China’s growing middle class will swell to more than 400 million consumers eager for high-quality goods and services, and in the next eight years more than $1 trillion will flow from China into the U.S. economy as investment.
Echo Insight’s courses are designed and vetted by intercultural trainers, international business executives and university professors. Users access the self-paced courses online from anywhere with a high-speed Internet connection. This learning format is especially useful for frequent business travelers.
Echo International launched its Echo Insight division to provide Web-based cultural training to businesses and individuals. “Intercultural Awareness: China” is the first in a series of Echo Insight courses.
Source: Echo InternationalFiled under: Leadership Development