Nashville, Tenn. — Jan. 31
Through a collaborative arrangement, HealthStream Inc., a provider of learning and research services for the health care industry, and Laerdal Medical, a global provider in the provision of educational services for health care providers and educators, announced the launch of SimManager, a software as a service (SaaS) application used for managing simulation-based training.
SimManager debuted in San Diego at the International Meeting for Simulation in Healthcare, held Jan. 27 to Feb. 1.
The increased focus on patient safety has stimulated a booming interest in health care training through simulation. Many simulation-related processes remain labor-intensive, and education managers are often already resource challenged.
SimManager seeks to simplify administrative tasks as an application for managing all aspects of a simulation-based training program. Scheduling training, assigning learning activities, coordinating instructor schedules, tracking progress, delivering reports and managing the logistics of simulation rooms and equipment are all streamlined through SimManager.
Other features of SimManager include:
• Ability to manage simulation rooms, equipment, instructors and technicians.
• Can track, manage and report.
• Schedule and assign simulation learning activities.
• Manage simulation content.
• Integrates simulation scenarios into learning curricula.
• Can customize role management to create varying access levels for administrators.
• Configure and schedule reports for simulator use and activity.
• Upload and store simulator debriefing files.
• Capture simulation activity on learner transcripts.
• Integrates with Laerdal simulators.
• Integrates with SimCenter product suite, including SimStore, SimDeveloper and SimManager.
Source: HealthStreamFiled under: Learning Delivery