Boston, MA – Nov. 18
Mobile learning becomes more accessible for organizations with the new version of OutStart’s Hot Lava Mobile. Hot Lava Mobile is a software solution that overcomes key technical and usability challenges to enable the broad use of mobile learning and priority communications. With it, organizations can develop, deploy and analyze mobile learning programs that support key corporate initiatives.
In the past, learners, developers, administrators and executives faced several technology, usability and organizational challenges that prevented the widespread commitment to and adoption of mobile learning. These included:
• Concerns that organizations needed to mandate and commit to a particular device to deploy mobile learning to a broad group of individuals.
• Lack of technology consistency among devices that prevented content — such as video — from being properly displayed, forcing organizations to dedicate valued resources to reconfiguring content for multiple devices.
• Market solutions that could not adequately secure information gathered by remote devices or transmitted to them.
• The inability to gauge the usage and effectiveness of mobile learning once deployed, significantly limiting the ability to gain executive support.
• Fear that mobile learning programs required new staff and/or skills to integrate and operate.
• Specialized development tools that required considerable training to develop content.
From the time of the Hot Lava Mobile acquisition more than a year ago, OutStart worked with forward-thinking customers to identify and solve those challenges facing the mobile learning industry. The result of this work is the latest version of Hot Lava Mobile. Learners, developers and administrators can tap into new features that enable a broad range of mobile learning and priority communication uses.
Source: OutStartFiled under: Learning Delivery