WORLDWIDE RECRUITMENT & EXECUTIVE SEARCH
|Title:||Chief Learning Officer/Group Vice President|
|Reports to:||SVP, Human Resources|
|2004 Revenue:||$8.5 billion|
|1-Yr. Sales Growth:||9.4%|
|Selected Services:||Multi-Channel Television; Broadband Internet Access;|
|Digital Video; High Definition TV; Video On Demand;|
Voice over IP Telephony
2004 Revenue: $8.5 billion
1-Yr. Sales Growth: 9.4%
2004 Employees: 32,000
Selected Services: Multi-Channel Television; Broadband Internet Access;
Digital Video; High Definition TV; Video On Demand;
Voice over IP Telephony
TWC is a unit of Time Warner, the world’s largest media company. TWC is the nation’s second largest US cable company after Comcast, and has 10.9 million subscribers including 4.2 million digital video customers.
The field operations of Time Warner Cable are currently organized into five regional operating groups – Texas with LA/Memphis; Ohio; Carolinas; New York; and National – each of these regional operating groups is managed by an EVP and their teams of local presidents. We are also in the process of staffing Regional VP’s of Marketing for each of the regions.
The cable industry has seen a dramatic increase in both threats and opportunities in recent years. New technologies offer new revenue streams, but also empower consumers to demand access to massive programming libraries on their own timetables. TWC’s business that once delivered a simple selection of television choices, now has over 30 products including high-speed Internet access, Pay-Per-View programming, Video-On-Demand content libraries, and digital phone access (VoIP) through vendor relationships with MCI and Sprint. Satellite distributors (DirecTV and Echostar) have become powerful, aggressive competitors, and will soon be joined by telecom companies as they roll out their own direct-to-home video offerings.
For more information: http://www.timewarnercable.com
SCOPE, KEY PRIORITIES AND CHALLENGES
The Chief Learning Officer (CLO) will use learning and organizational development expertise to lead Time Warner Cable’s People Development team in delivering high quality programs aligned with the Company’s strategic and operational goals. The CLO must provide consultative services to internal clients on organizational design, work process, leadership coaching and team building. This person will drive large systems interventions in such areas as diversity, operations improvement and performance management.
This is an executive level position responsible for working with all levels of management to facilitate the learning process and to create a learning culture aimed at supporting broad training programs to include: sales, customer service, technical and managerial leadership training that supports TWC’s strategic business goals. Experience leading evaluation and recommendation of realignment of existing learning design and delivery resources to reflect organization needs strongly preferred with proven skills in the use of technology to leverage learning opportunities.
The CLO will be charged directing the People Development team to maximize people assets by building leadership capability and creating employee-first culture division wide.
The CLO will be responsible for development of the workforce through design, development, and release of knowledge systems, policies, applications, and services for all business functions.
The CLO will facilitate the work of the TWC Training Taskforce to identify and maximize utilization of numerous training design and delivery resources residing across Time Warner Cable while enhancing consistency and ROI of training interventions
The successful chief learning officer must align this function to the business needs, creating systems that ensure identification, development and appropriate deployment of TWC employees in key leadership roles in organization in the years ahead. This includes forming and maintaining relationship with senior line and human resource management in the following large areas of focus to:
Organization Design and Organization/Leadership Development
- Align and integrate diverse groups or diverse functions
- Conducting strategic planning and implementation
- Oversee People Development programs such as Diversity, Talent Planning, Performance Management, and other Management/ Leadership/ Executive Development Programs.
- Identify best practices and drive benchmarking activities
- Conduct needs analyses and identify critical areas for process improvement
- Collaborate and consult with Regional HR leaders to deliver services reaching across all TWC.
- Serve as a consulting resource for high level organization design and change efforts
- Develop a culture for organizational learning, continuous learning, or knowledge management
- Contribute to and manage the capture, share, and retention of knowledge-content to leverage corporate-wide learning or knowledge development
- Partner with the Regional HR leaders, Operating EVP’s and other functional leaders to determine learning & development strategies throughout TWC.
- Being a visionary or champion for organizational learning and knowledge management.
SKILLS AND EDUCATIONAL REQUIREMENTS:
- Bachelor’s degree required. Master’s degree in Industrial/Organizational Psychology or related discipline preferred. 15+ years experience in corporate training, organizational development and adult learning theory, developing and executing organization wide learning strategies. Demonstrated interpersonal and project management skills; excellent written and verbal communication skills; Demonstrated ability to lead teams and foster collaboration.
- Experience with enterprise HR systems/e-learning systems management and or system implementation in a decentralized environment.
- Strong “business first” orientation to Organization Effectiveness and Learning work with a strong track record of delivering results that matter to the organization.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively influence line executives and HR generalists from a staff position.
- Familiarity with a variety of field’s concepts, practices, and procedures. Experience in large training/learning organizations, in decentralized organizations preferred. Relies on extensive experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
Time Warner Worldwide Recruitment and Executive Search