Aug. 25, 2004: This Position Has Been Filled
Sensis’ Chief learning Officer will have the responsibility, authority and resources to ensure that Sensis becomes and remains an effective learning organization as needed to achieve the company’s goals, aspirations and vision. The successful candidate will guide the creation and management of leadership and organizational development strategic processes and programs.
The CLO will be responsible for
- Achieving organizational learning, continuous improvement and individual lifetime learning.
- Developing the strategic plan to prioritize organizational and individual development needs, as well as process design and improvement.
- Defining and implementing appropriate development and training projects supporting the realization of the strategic plan.
- Developing a system of metrics and evaluations to assess the effectiveness of training and development activities.
- Promoting learning and processes that encourage and enhance innovation.
- Leveraging the skills, resources and technologies of Sensis as a whole to provide innovative solutions to both individual and organizational development needs.
The CLO will partner with senior executives to create a vision and road map addressing the above, acting as an advisor and building executive and management ownership for programs and processes. The CLO will ensure the overall effectiveness of Sensis’ learning initiatives to improve the quality of leadership and tap the leadership potential in all Sensis employees.
The ideal candidate will have had experience as either a Chief Learning Officer or an executive-level position as an Organizational Development practitioner. Requires a bachelor’s degree in a related field, along with 15+ years experience in leadership and organization development in a major corporation or consulting firm. An advanced degree or certification in Human Resources, Industrial Psychology, Adult Education, Organizational Development or Behavior, or a related field is preferred. Expert knowledge of strategic planning, leadership development, organization development, organizational learning, training, process improvement, project management and consulting is essential. Additionally, we are looking for an individual with experience and knowledge of adult learning theories, instructional design, multiple distance education modalities, assessment and evaluation, as well as tools, techniques and strategies associated with distance education with a focus on self-directed learning.
The superior communicator we seek should have excellent interpersonal and presentation skills, coupled with finely honed project and vendor management skills. Excellent planning, budgetary and negotiating abilities are required.
Interested applicants can submit resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org (via e-mail and attachment) with the subject line “Chief Learning Officer.”