These were the top five stories on CLOmedia.com for the week of August 29.
- 3 Unconscious Habits Eroding Employee Engagement: Beware contradicting expectations, opposing leadership styles and disconnected values. They are the death knell to employee engagement in the workplace.
- 3 Big Myths About Workplace Learning: Most of the diehard learning myths that linger in today’s companies just aren’t true. For instance, employees do have time for learning — if it helps them do their jobs better or advances their careers.
- How to Develop a Lean Managerial Mindset: Leaders can add value for customers and improve employee engagement by declogging congested workflows and reducing business waste.
- Hey Managers: It’s OK Not To Be Liked: Managers have one of the most difficult yet important roles in company life: deliver the company strategy through their people.
- Coaching vs. Consulting: Find the Perfect Balance to Get Buy-in and Results: Coaching and consulting skills share similarities, but each has its rightful place in the learning strategy development process.